FIRST LEGO League Jr. expos provide an opportunity for teams to showcase their work and meet other teams who share a similar interest in science and technology. Expos provide a venue for positive sharing, learning, laughing, and celebrating! An expo can be as simple as a meeting of a team, families, and friends to share what was learned. Or, an expo may include many teams sharing in a public venue. Larger expos offer teams an opportunity to share and learn from one another.
What is a FIRST LEGO League Jr. Expo?
- Expos are non-competitive. There is not a game and children do not compete for specific awards.
- A typical event lasts approximately two to four hours.
- Volunteer Reviewers visit with each team, check out teams' Models, and ask questions. This process is not meant to overwhelm the children - teams are reminded that the reviewers are looking forward to learning from them!
- In most areas, the FIRST LEGO League Jr. Partner organizes expos. You can see if there is a Partner in your area organizing expos here.
- Program registration does not guarantee that an expo will be available in your area. If there is no organized expo, your team can still show off their work at a gathering of parents, a Parent-Teacher Night, or even at the local library.